Wondering how you can squeeze in a work out when you can barely squeeze in a nap? We’ve all been there. You feel like you just got home with your bouncing bundle of joy and all the sudden six weeks later you’re still exhausted and none of your clothes fit. Don’t worry, Mom, Here are a few fool proof tricks to burning those extra baby pounds off.
– You don’t need a fancy home gym for a great work out. Put baby in your new carrier or wrap and get moving. Place your feet a little wider than your hips and try moderate squats. To keep the focus on your lower body, do alternating lunges. Baby wearing workouts really get your heart rate up.
– Some people call them pushups but let’s call them “kiss ups!” Start in pushup position and try to kiss the baby on each rep to make sure you’re getting low enough. Even trying these on your knees will give you a tough workout. At the beginning, aim for two sets of ten reps and go up from there.
– What could be more motivating than that brand new fancy stroller parked in the garage? Time to get out and show it off! A fifteen minute walk with a stroller can burn up to one hundred calories. So hit the pavement, enjoy the fresh air and you’ll both love the change of scenery.
– Remember that what you put in your body is just as important as the exercise you’re doing. Prepare yourself with tons of nutritious and convenient snacks. Whole fruits and veggies, hard boiled eggs, reduced fat cheese string cheese and mixed nuts are nutrient rich and so easy. Prep and buy ahead so they are easy to reach for when you only have a few minutes and you’re hungry.
– While baby naps or enjoys a few minutes in the bouncy seat, pop a workout DVD into the player or check online for different free yoga, walking, pilates and core training videos. Mix it up each time for a fun, different workout. You’ll be amazed how much better you feel after a 30 minute video.
Motherhood is wonderful, exhilarating, exhausting and amazing but can also be tough. Remember to listen to your body and take care of yourself. Rest when you can and eat healthy. As always, consult your doctor before beginning any new diet or exercise plan.
About Julie McCaffrey
Parenting expert Julie McCaffrey is a proud mommy to 3 kids and owns BabyNav Baby Planners where she offers personalized consultation to new and expecting parents along with functioning as the Chief Brand Officer at PishPoshBaby.com the high-quality baby store that supplies the facts and advice, along with the right choice, to parents who are completely lost in the whirlwind of baby gear. She loves to help moms and dads navigate everything from baby gear, preparing for multiples, getting back to work and getting the whole family on a routine.
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.
Leave a Comment