Welcome to Beauty 411. Topic: DIY Mani
Today’s Guest Post is from Sasha. She’s here to give you some awesome tips & must-haves for your flawless do-it-yourself mani. Take it away!
Hi! I’m Sasha, and I’ve been blogging for a few years at www.SashaSays.com. As a working mom of two, I understand how hard it can be to find the time to pamper yourself with things like manicures. But over the years, I’ve developed a method that allows me to do a home mani in a short amount of time right before I go to bed. The secret is the fast-dry topcoat- my nails are completely dry by the time I hit the sack, and I don’t get sheet marks at all!
So without further ado, here are my favorite nail products, shown in order of use for the perfect salon-quality mani.
For all products, I start with the pinkie of one hand and continue on to the other hand before I move to the next step. And there’s no need to let the coats dry in between steps – just start with the same nail each step.
1. Sally Hanson Instant Cuticle Remover. I apply this all around my cuticles, wait a bit (you can wait longer that it says), then use the thumbnail of my opposite hand to push back/scrape the excess cuticle. I typically do this twice.
2. Wash your hands and dry them well.
3. Orly Bonder. Apply one coat. This rubberized basecoat overrides any oily residue on your nails and gives your polish something to stick to. Key to a long-lasting mani.
4. Sally Hanson Nailgrowth Miracle in the gold bottle. Love this as a basecoat. Watch for CVS/Walgreens to have their BOGO or BOGO half off on Sally Hanson products and stock up.
5. 2 coats of color. OPI polish is one of my favorite brands.
6. Seche Vite top coat. I won’t use any other top coat. This is a super-fast dry topcoat with a fab shine. Expensive, but worth it!
7. Creative Nail Design Cuticle Eraser. Keeping your cuticles neat and clean is one of the keys to making your manicure last longer. This product is fabulous and I massage this into my cuticles a few times a day to prevent hangnails and prevent cuticle buildup.
I love nail polish so much that I’ve got a separate blog just for my nail polish review and pictures! Visit me at http://www.ManicureMommas.com/ if you like nail polish as much as I do!
See other Beauty 411 here:
We have guest bloggers on our site often. It’s a great way for others to share their ideas and opinions with us all. If you’re interested in contributing in some way, feel free to contact us and we would be happy to chat with you.
Modern Day Moms11 years ago
I’m definitely checking out that top coat. I’ve never heard of it but I’m intrigued. – Jessica