Who wouldn’t love to spread platinum or champagne colored jelly on a fresh piece of buttered toast? The fact that you can take this jelly and create many other variations gets me all excited for the possibilities.
If you aren’t much of a wine drinker, no worries… we have a tasty alternative for you.
This jelly recipe is very simple and require only 10 minutes of your time. Not to mention, it only requires 4 ingredients.
Let’s get started.
makes: 4 (1/2 pint) jars | lasts 3-4 weeks in refrigerator.
You will need:
1 package powdered pectin
3/4 cup water
3 cups champagne or dry white wine
4 cups sugar
4 (1/2 pint) jars
1. Mix pectin and water in large saucepan. Bring to a boil and then continue boiling for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
2. Reduce heat to medium and immediately add the champagne and sugar. Keep mixture just below boiling and stir until dissolves, about 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and skim foam off the top.
4. Pour quickly into sterilized jars and cover tightly.
5. Let cool, then refrigerate.
Faux Champagne Jelly
Follow directions above except replace the champagne with Martinelli’s or other sparkling fruit juice. White grape or apple would be delish.
Recipe from Jams & Jellies. Enjoy!
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.
Leave a Comment