Flowers are a great way to decorate your home and to help your d cor reflect the season, whatever the time of year. There are many different ways you can display flowers in your home, many that I bet you’ve never thought of.
1. Get creative with your vases, or don’t even use one. An everyday kitchen staple, tin can, can be used to display anything from buds to a full bouquet. Available in a range of sizes, they can be used with the label stripped or left on to add a bit of color and flair to the display. You can also get crafty and paint or decorate them to match your home’s colors and style.
2. You’ve probably seen the vintage birdcages you can purchase from home decorating stores. They’ve popular right now and can add an unexpected touch of whimsy to your floral design. You can hang them in your home, or use them as the perfect centerpiece for your table. If you like, you can include candles in the design for a magical display in the evenings.
3. Have an old-fashioned metal laundry tub cluttering up your attic or garage? They make gorgeous planters for bulbs, seasonal, and other flowers. They can also be hung from hooks or placed in corners of your home and garden for an interesting and unique display.
4. If you’re a DIY’er you’re sure to have some paint cans lying around. Like kitchen cans, these can be painted and decorated or left with just their shiny exterior. You can also buy them without the paint inside to use as is from hardware stores. Already watertight, they make a creative way to display your flowers.
5. Perfect for a special occasion, or just to have a bit of fun with a table display, beautiful teacups make great vases. Whether plain or patterned, they’re easy to move around and perfect for small arrangements. They’re also cheap to buy, and can make a great gift idea too. Who wouldn’t like to receive a lovely tea set with flowers included?
6. Get crafty! Displaying flowers in your home is a cheap and easy way to add to your d cor and lifts the mood of the entire home. An empty glass bottle can be decorated with wire, string, ribbons, and more to make a unique bud vase. These can also be hung on the wall or from dangling branches or table displays. Look around your home for other items you can use in the same way. Even light globes with their tops removed look great!
7. Don’t forget to play around and try new things. There are no rules when it comes to displaying flowers. It’s all about what looks great and suits your style and home. Try playing with scale, and include some small arrangements with a large centerpiece, experiment with color, or include non-floral items such as candles and accessories within your arrangements. The results may just surprise and delight you.
Whatever the season, a few well-placed flower displays will make your house feel like a home.