As we anticipate one of the hottest summers on record, beach goers are expected to plan multiple trips this season. Hot temps and no school can only mean two things…limited sand space and a lot of traffic. Celebrations.com
– Create DIY beach buckets with your friends and family
– Build and bake a Sandcastle Cake
– Treat yourself to buttercream frosted beach-themed cookies (delivered to your door)
– Chill out with Frozen Lemon Sparklers
– Set the tone for summer by simply setting your table
- Craft an eye-popping summertime tablescape by using polka dotted sunshine yellow plates and brilliant blue napkins.(Playful Summer Table Beach Decor – by Patti Allan)
- A summer greeting card or a piece of artwork propped up on a mini easel can help define the space and tie it back to your main beach theme. (Patti Allan)
- If you’re having your party by the pool, throw some beach balls around and paper lanterns (Patti Allan)
- Need a party favor? A bag of saltwater taffy is the perfect solution all wrapped up in a cute yellow paper bag and tied together with a curly blue ribbon! (Patti Allan)
- Make frozen lemon sparklers for a refreshing treat that also matches the the bright blue and yellow theme. Simply blend together all the following ingredients or Click here for the recipe! (Becky Hardin)
- 1 can of frozen lemon concentrate
- 3 tablespoons of vodka
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- lots of ice
- *Tip: Adding a lemon wedge and some embellished drinking straws with decorative flags will add more party drama!
- Create the ultimate focal point for your table by setting down a delicious and simple sandcastle cake sprinkled in toasted coconut and graham crackers for that grainy sand-like finish. Get the full directions here! (Paula Biggs)
- Simply bake 2 boxes of your favorite cake mix in two 9-inch pans, one 6-inch pan and 11 slots of a mini muffin tray.
- Layer the cakes by placing the two 9-inch cakes together and topping it with the 6-inch cake. Stack five mini muffin cakes on top of the 6-inch cake and the remaining six mini muffin cakes on the bottom.
*Tip: Hold the layers together by inserting plastic straws through the cakes!
- Frost that beauty in some butter cream frosting
- Pulse together some toasted coconut and graham crackers to sprinkle on top of the icing and you’re finished!
- For additional decorations, melt the candy melts and pipe them into seashell molds!
- For an eye-popping treat delivered to your door, place Cheryl’s Summer Fun Beach Pail filled with colorful cookies that match perfectly.
- Place all your utensils and other goodies inside your own DIY Beach Bucket decorated with your favorite color fabric and ribbons. Here are some tips by Celebrations expert Cheryl Najafi.
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.
Leave a Comment