Written by Emily Zaiden, owner of The Popshop in Los Angeles, TOP POPS features 55 delicious, all-natural popsicle recipes featuring such delectable flavorful combinations as pomegranate orange rose, rosemary grape, apricot honey yogurt, and cranberry clove.
For both grown-ups and kids these treats are super simple and fun to make. Championing The Popshop philosophy of eating local and organic, the recipes in this book are a great way to use up your farmer’s market finds. There are no preservatives, emulsifiers, or dyes used to create these wonderful, 100% natural, guilt-free treats.
Find out more information about the author & book here: TOP POPS by Emily Zaiden.
For a delicious, summer treat – we’re feature two of our favorite recipes from her book.
Blueberry Lemonade Ice Pops
Makes 16 popsicles
1 pint blueberries
1/3 c. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
4 c. filtered water
1. Combine all ingredients in blender.
2. Blend on high until thoroughly and evenly macerated.
3. Pour liquid through strainer or fine mesh sieve into pitcher.
4. Pour strained liquid into popsicle molds and freeze for at least four hours until solid.
5. Pop one in your mouth.
Pi a Colada Tipsy Pops
From Top Pops by Emily Zaiden. Makes 8-10 3-oz. pops
2 cups fresh pineapple, chopped
2 cups coconut milk
3 tablespoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup light or white rum
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1. In a blender, add the pineapple, coconut milk, vanilla extract, sugar, and rum. Blend on high for 30 seconds, or until the pineapple is fully blended and no longer chunky. Stir in the shredded coconut and pulse to mix thoroughly.
2. Pour the mixture into molds, insert handles and place in the freezer. If using sticks, insert them after 30 minutes or when the mixture is firm enough for them to stand upright. Freeze until solid (at least five hours; due to the alcoholic content of these pops, they will take longer to freeze), and enjoy!