1 Fresh Lime
– Teaspoon LoSalt (depending on your glass size)
1 Ounces Silver Tequila
2 Sage Leaves and 3-4 Fresh Cranberries
1 Ounce Cranberry Juice
Ounce Fresh Lemon Juice
Ounce Combier (or any type of Triple Sec)
Ounce (about 1 teaspoon) Agave Nectar
1. Wet the outside of the glass with a wedge of fresh lime.
2. Roll the edge of the glass in LoSalt. Set glass aside.
3. Muddle the sage leaves and fresh cranberries into the tequila in a cocktail muddler or glass.
4. Pour the Cranberry Juice, Lemon Juice, Combier, Agave and the muddled tequila mixture into a shaker.
5. Shake all of the ingredients together vigorously.
6. Fill the salt-rimmed glass with ice and strain the margarita mixture into the glass.
7. Garnish with fresh sage leaves and float a few fresh cranberries on top (you can freeze them so they keep your drink extra cold!)
Recipe by Danielle Marullo, foodista and blogger behind Got Room for More.
You don’t have to skip out on tasty Mexican fare this year if you’re trying to stay healthy – try LoSalt to ring in Cinco de Mayo this year.
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.