1. Dab a mustard stain with distilled white vinegar before washing. This will lift the stain right out of your clothes.
2. Add a few drops of tea tree oil to wash. Great way to keep lice from taking over during school year. Also add a few drops to shampoo.
3. Lipstick stain issue? Make sure the fabric is machine washable and saturate the spot with hair spray. Set 10 minutes and wash as normal.
4. Include a few tennis balls in each dryer cycle. The tennis balls not only cut drying time by 25% – 50%, but also fluff the clothes to a delicate softness, and towels will be especially fluffy.
5. When drying, separate your clothes and dry similar types of clothes together. Lightweight synthetics, for example, dry much more quickly than bath towels and natural fiber clothes.
6. Add 1 cup white vinegar to a large pot of water, bring to a rolling boil, turn off and drop in your dingy socks & clothes. Soak overnight.
7. In good weather, consider hanging clothes outside and using totally free solar energy to do the drying.
8. Save time by placing a hamper in your bathroom or linen closet, so all your used towels and washcloths will be in one place and ready to wash on laundry day.
9. Even the most energy-efficient loads use 40 gallons of water. Reducing the number of loads you do each week will save water and money.
10. Moldy forgotten laundry? Pour 2 cups of white distilled vinegar in the machine and wash clothes in hot water. Wash normal afterwards.
11. Add a 1/2 cup of baking soda to the wash when you add your regular liquid detergent. The baking soda has been known to give you whiter whites, brighter brights, and odor free clothing.
12. Add a teaspoon of black pepper to the load of laundry while in the washer. The black pepper helps colors stay bright and decreases the likelihood of items fading during the wash cycle.
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.