1. 1 drop of peppermint beneath the nose, on the temples or on the back of the neck can relieve sinus pressure and a tension headache.
2. Because Peppermint Oil is anti-microbial, adding a few drops to a smoothie, fudge or a batch of cookies not only enhances flavor but also adds great nutritional benefit and natural immune support!
3. You can make your own “toothpaste” with a blend that includes Peppermint Oil and/or Cinnamon oil. Place a few drops on your toothbrush, then dip your brush in a bowl of sea salt and baking soda.
4. Peppermint is great for relieving nausea. You don’t have to swallow it to benefit! Place a drop topically on an upset belly, or simply wave a bottle under your nose.
5. Soak cotton balls with Peppermint oil and place them in cupboards and on window sills to prevent pests like ants and cockroaches from finding their way into your home.
6. Putting a few drops of an essential oil like Peppermint, Lemon or Rosemary in a child’s bellybutton can be a quick way to bring down a fever and relieve stomach and head pain.
7. 1 drop of Peppermint oil is equivalent to 28 cups of peppermint tea!
8. In summer, you can spritz your overheated dog with cold water and 5-10 drops of Peppermint oil. It’s pet-friendly, refreshing and has the added benefit of keeping pests away!
Thanks to our friends at Well Scent for providing these amazing tips.
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.
Leave a Comment