- 1/2 cup Friends Fun Wine Cabernet Coffee Espresso
- 6 skirt steaks or rib eye steaks, 4 ounces each
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound French or regular carrots
- 1/4 pound baby summer squash, halved
- 1/4 pound pearl onions, peeled and halved
- 1/4 pound brussel sprouts, halved
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 4 ounces Portobello mushrooms
- 4 ounces button mushrooms
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 24 ounces low-sodium beef broth
- 1 ounce fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons Nutmeg
- Season steaks with salt and nutmeg.
- On a grill pan coated with cooking spray, cook steaks over medium-high heat, turning once, until pink inside, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and cover with foil. In a bowl, toss carrots, squash, pearl onions and sprouts in 1/2 tablespoon oil.
- Over medium heat, in batches and turning once, cook until soft and seared, 6 minutes.
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Slice mushrooms; to pan, add mushrooms, white onion and garlic; cook until onion browns, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add Friends Fun Wine Cabernet Coffee Espresso and simmer 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and slowly add cornstarch mixture to broth mixture, stirring constantly, until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Add fresh basil, salt and nutmeg; simmer 7 to 10 minutes.
- Slice steak, top with mushroom sauce; serve alongside vegetables.
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.