- 1/2 cup Friends Fun Wine Cabernet Coffee Espresso
- 6 skirt steaks or rib eye steaks, 4 ounces each
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound French or regular carrots
- 1/4 pound baby summer squash, halved
- 1/4 pound pearl onions, peeled and halved
- 1/4 pound brussel sprouts, halved
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 4 ounces Portobello mushrooms
- 4 ounces button mushrooms
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 24 ounces low-sodium beef broth
- 1 ounce fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons Nutmeg
- Season steaks with salt and nutmeg.
- On a grill pan coated with cooking spray, cook steaks over medium-high heat, turning once, until pink inside, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and cover with foil. In a bowl, toss carrots, squash, pearl onions and sprouts in 1/2 tablespoon oil.
- Over medium heat, in batches and turning once, cook until soft and seared, 6 minutes.
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Slice mushrooms; to pan, add mushrooms, white onion and garlic; cook until onion browns, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add Friends Fun Wine Cabernet Coffee Espresso and simmer 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and slowly add cornstarch mixture to broth mixture, stirring constantly, until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Add fresh basil, salt and nutmeg; simmer 7 to 10 minutes.
- Slice steak, top with mushroom sauce; serve alongside vegetables.