While visiting with family recently, I had the chance to take a break from the cooking and enjoy some of my mother-in-law’s delicious meals. It was quite the treat, if I do say so. When she mentioned that she would be making homemade meatballs, I was intrigued to see how she would be making them. I have never made meatballs before, well, meatballs that didn’t involve taking them out of the freezer and cooking them in a pan. These meatballs were fresh, easy to make and she was done in no time!
The best thing about these meatballs is the fact that they are baked and greaseless. This recipe requires only a handful of ingredients and 3 steps to turn this recipe into delicious meatballs in less than 30 minutes! Let’s get started….
Mom’s Easy Baked Meatballs Recipe
What you’ll need:
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 small onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl; shape into twenty 1 1/2-inch meatballs.
2. Place in ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches works good.
3. Bake uncovered at 400F for 20-25 minutes (until done and light brown).
Mom’s tip: Once meatballs are done baking, I like to place the meatballs in between a layer of paper towels to remove the excess grease.
Have leftover meatballs?
Here are some quick suggestions on how you can turn your leftover meatballs into meals for the week….
1. Meatball Sandwiches (or subs).
2. Baked Ziti with meatballs
3. Omit the spaghetti sauce in exchange for barbeque sauce. BBQ Meatballs, mmm.
4. A quick blend of teriyaki sauce & orange juice will turn these meatballs into a tangy meal. Toss with sauteed bell peppers, onions and pineapple.