This is one of my crazy idea recipes, that’s a favorite at our house. It is so easy, but tastes like fancy wine country cusine. Just add salad, a loaf of sour dough bread, and you’re there!
Easy Melt in Your Mouth Pesto Chicken
2 or 3 Large Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breasts
2 teaspoons minced garlic
I Large Can Campbells Cream of Chicken Soup
1 8 OZ Jar Classico Traditional Basil Pesto Sauce and Spread
1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (Optional)
1. Lay chicken breasts flat in the slow cooker. We used the Cuisinart’s 3-in-1 Cook Central.
2. Set unit on low temperature.
3. Spread large can of Campbells Cream of Chicken Soup on chicken breasts
4. Sprinkle minced garlic on top
5. Spoon and spread jar of Classico Basil Pesto over entire chicken
6. Place glass lid on cooking pot
7. Cook on low until chicken breasts are so tender they fall apart, about 5 to 8 hours depending on size of chicken.
8. Sprinkle grated Parmesan Cheese on top and serve
Note: Cleanup is a snap with this Cuisinart’s 3-in-1 Cook Central.
Cheryl is a long-time contributor to this blog. A california-raised country girl and has been known to pull a recipe out of her drawer that is over 30 years old, scan it in and blog about it. She has an old-fashioned soul and offers amazing tips & advice, the same that your mother probably gave you. Before going on a trip, she will research the history of the city, the place she is staying and provide more information than you know what to do with… and that’s why she makes a wonderful contributor to this site.