Have you ever had rose sauce? A funny name but it’s delicious. A rose sauce is a delicate combination of cream and tomato sauce. It is most commonly used with stuffed pastas, but will work well with any pasta of your choosing.
While it’s pretty simple (yet time consuming) to make your own, I love Target’s Archer Farms Rose Cream Sauce. With flavors of Garlic, Basil, Alfredo, Cheese, you really can’t go wrong with it.
This recipe is quick, easy and the kids are sure to love it. That’s a win, win, win in my book.
Kid-Friendly Spinach Rigatoni with a Creamy Rose Sauce
Serves: 4-5 | Prep Time: 15 Mins | Cook Time: 20 Mins
You Will Need:
1 jar (16oz) of Rose Cream Sauce
1 cup of spinach, chopped into pieces
1 box 16oz Rigatoni
1 cup Ricotta Cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup Mozzarella
1/2 cup Bread Crumbs (optional)
1. Bring Rigatoni to a boil in a large pot of salted water. Add a little olive oil to keep pasta from sticking together. Cook until al dente.
2. Drain Rigatoni and pour into a large bowl. Mix in Ricotta Cheese, 3/4 of the jar of Rose Cream Sauce, spinach and mix together.
3. Pour Pasta mixture into a glass dish (or an oven-ready dish of your choosing)
4. Add the rest of the Rose Cream Sauce on top and then top with Mozzarella, Bread Crumbs and Parmesan Cheese.
5. Bake at 350f for 15-20 minutes.
Serve with warm bread & spinach salad.
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.