My sister is 9 years older than me and I have many memories of us growing up together. Some crazy… some… well… let’s see:
1. She tried to teach me how to swim (which didn’t work) and I still tell everyone about the time I almost drowned. I still don’t know how to swim.
2. She used to fix my hair (this was in the 80’s, hello poofy bangs!). I’m the little blonde up in that picture above. Do you see all that hair craziness? Oh man.
3. She let me sleep in her room when I was scared to sleep in mine. We had a trundle bed. Now, this may not have been her most favorite thing but I surely loved sleeping in her room.
4. I would witness her throwing a fit over an outfit that my mom wanted her to wear. “There is NO WAY I AM WEARING THAT!?” was a popular phrase on Sundays before church.
5. When she was a cheerleading captain, she would practice her routines at home, in our room. This means, at 8 years old, I could sing all the words to CC Music Factory’s “Everybody Dance Now” and probably do a few moves too.
6. Sometimes my parents made me tag along with her on dates. That was awkward.
7. I always had her as a babysitter, even if that means that she’d sometimes make me go to bed earlier than normal. I was known to yell down the hall at obnoxiously high volumes if this ever happened. It didn’t happen too often.
I’m excited for my daughter to have many memories with her little sister. They will be almost the same age difference as my sister and I and I couldn’t be more excited for all the fun adventures they will go on. I hope that they become best friends and tell each other secrets, hang out together watching movies, sharing toys, having fun on family vacations. I can’t wait for all the memories we will have as a family of four.
11 weeks and 6 days left.
Modern Day Moms is an award-winning publication centered around motherhood that is real and unfiltered. Basically, we don’t sugarcoat anything and aren’t afraid to tell you the truth. Let’s be best friends, we will make you feel more normal.
Leave a Comment